While we delight in developing and offering delicious meals and snacks, the heart and soul of Focus Brands is simply to serve people. So, above all, we want to protect those we serve.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused an unprecedented upheaval in the lives of our customers, store associates, independent franchise business owners and corporate team members.
Below is a recap of measures we’ve taken so far to keep our constituents safe.
Our efforts to protect our customers:
- Operating procedures. Cleanliness has always been of critical importance at Focus Brands. Because of the pandemic, we have taken additional steps beyond our usual standards to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. We have issued guidance for immediate action steps if a team member is diagnosed with COVID-19, which includes coordinating with the Health Department and temporarily closing the restaurant/location where an infected team member works to execute a deep cleaning and disinfecting procedure.
- Dining area closures. We have temporarily suspended the option to dine-in at all of our company-owned stores. Our independent franchise businesses have taken similar action in most cases. Where available and subject to local regulations, we encourage customers to continue enjoying drive-through, take out and curbside pick-up options.
Our efforts to soften the financial burden for our restaurant owners, operators and associates:
- Relief pay. We have created a relief pay policy to provide support for team members at our company-owned stores who have been diagnosed with or exposed to COVID-19 or who work at a company-owned store that is temporarily closed.
- Fee waivers and deferrals. We have announced fee waivers and fee deferrals to help our independent franchise business owners continue to cover expenses and meet payroll. We are constantly seeking out ways to help our franchises stay open and consequently keep people who work at these locations employed.
Our efforts to maintain a healthy work environment at our corporate offices:
- Corporate office closures. All Atlanta and Lancaster Focus Brands offices are temporarily closed until further notice. Team members are working remotely during this time.
- Corporate downsizing. Regrettably, due to the sudden and significant loss of revenue from store closings, we have had to downsize our corporate team. Because our team is like family, these decisions weigh heavily on our hearts. Corporate employees who have lost their jobs have been offered relief pay.
Our goal with these measures is to strike a delicate but critical balance. We’re doing everything in our power to take care of our customers, associates and independent franchise business owners while also setting the stage for future recovery in our industry.
On behalf of all of us at Focus Brands, we want to say thank you for your support and understanding during this storm. We look forward to brighter days ahead.
Chief Executive Officer