JOB TITLE: Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting, will oversee the completion of any forms, releases, statements, disclosures and financial reporting necessary, ensuring they are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of monthly financial statements (standalone and consolidated) reporting package including:
- Income statements and accompanying narratives
- Balance sheets and accompanying narratives
- Statements of cash flows
- Preparation of annual audit reports for six brands and two holding companies, including financial statements and accompanying footnotes and disclosures.
- Participation in the implementation of a new ERP system, including assistance in the design of new charts of accounts.
- Participation in the design, development, documentation and maintenance of compliant internal controls over financial reporting consistent with Sarbanes-Oxley Sec. 404 (SOX).
- Assist in implementation of Blackline, Trintech or similar account reconciliations software.
- Maintain a formal reporting schedule, including Disclosure Committee and other internal reviews and Audit Committee reporting.
- Assist in various special projects as needed for the CFO, VP of Accounting or other members of senior management for both FOCUS Brands Corporate and the brands.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting and five or more years of experience in accounting.
- Strong SEC reporting experience required including Forms 10-K and 10-Q MD&A, financial statements and financial statements footnotes, Form 8-K, proxy statements and XBRL.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Strong US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations with special emphasis in the following areas:
- Share-based compensation
- Accounting for income taxes
- Lease accounting
- Evaluation of goodwill and other indefinite-lived intangible assets
- Revenue recognition, preferably for franchisors
- Business combinations
- Accounting for debt
- Experience in Hyperion Essbase financial reporting software or similar OLAP financial reporting software preferred.
- Experience in the design and development of internal controls, including Sarbanes-Oxley implementation.
- “Big 4” or “Second-Tier National” public accounting experience preferred.
- Quick service, franchise operations, and/or hospitality industry experience a plus.
- Experience in systems implementation and process improvements a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office (advanced skills in Excel and Word) required.
- Experience with widely-used ERP / accounting systems (Microsoft AX, PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, etc.) is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.