JOB TITLE: Senior Director, Marketing
The Brand Senior Director of Marketing for Schlotzsky’s partners with the CMO to plan and implement sales, marketing and product development programs, in support of national and local brand/sales building activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives.
- Ensures effective measurements of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Manages marketing programs to ensure company outlined objectives are achieved.
- Oversees and evaluates market research data and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Partners with internal Creative Services department to create all merchandising/POP elements; directs creative and production teams in developing and producing advertisements.
- Negotiates contract terms with applicable suppliers.
- Trains key departments/associates (i.e. operations) on marketing initiatives.
- Utilizes industry benchmarking to current marketing programs and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
- Partners with culinary R&D associates to develop marketing/advertising strategies/programs related to new product launches and/or LTO’s.
- Monitors and analyzes sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of campaign.
- Graduate and/or Undergraduate degree in marketing, advertising or related field. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years successful marketing/advertising work experience – franchising/restaurant industry experience preferred.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and implement strategic marketing and advertising plans with brand objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to execute electronic/social media marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to execute and evaluate guest research.
- Demonstrated ability to execute guest engagement programs.
- Detail-oriented with the demonstrated ability to manage projects from inception to execution.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, and develop direct reports.
- Ability to establish and build candid, trusting relationships with all constituents.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong analytical capabilities including budgetary and financial acumen.