JOB TITLE: Manager Product Innovation
POSITION: Product Innovation Manager
LOCATION: Atlanta, Georgia
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Product Innovation
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Product Innovation Manager is responsible for driving all research and development initiatives for consumer packaged goods and food service licensing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for innovation, creation and presentation to brand development team and leadership team. Responds to feedback and provides follow-up communication and recommends alternatives as needed.
- Conduct plant visits, develop partnerships with suppliers and manufacturers of both packaging and product.
- Ensure that all product innovation initiatives support the overall strategies of the brands while maintaining their quality and integrity.
- Collaborate with purchasing to identify product quality, specifications of raw product.
- Partner with licensing brands to ensure rollout strategy and successful implementation of products.
- Ensures that all USDA/FDA/HAACP and food safety standards are incorporated into product manufacturing as well as the identification of all necessary on-site food safety product preparation procedures for unit operators.
- Contributes to the success of the brands by developing products that can be executed consistently among all operating units.
- Ensures effective relations between culinary R&D, other brand support teams and brand licensing to maximize efficient use of resources, ideas and execution.
- B.S. or B.A. Culinary, Pastry, Food Science or related degree and/or a minimum of 5 years management experience in the food service field required with emphasis in the consumer packaged goods field.
- Strong knowledge of shelf stability of frozen products.
- Experience working with outside vendors and the application of external technologies in food ingredients and packaging.
- Experience with establishing raw material specs for vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Ability to travel 25% - 50% of time.
- Demonstrated leadership and direct supervision skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and effectively work with others as a team.
- Entrepreneurial in nature and work style.
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated track record for flexibility and urgency in prioritizing and organizing projects.
- Proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to move through the corporate kitchen, office, restaurants and bakeries during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.