JOB TITLE: Director Real Estate - Midwest
The Director Real Estate is to plan and execute the real estate activities by assuring cost effective management of existing assets and profitable new store development. This role is responsible for interacting with franchise partners, developers, brokers, other retailers, and property owners to generate new store openings in a defined area of responsibility.
- Drives markets, track competitors, retail activity and growth patterns.
- Utilizes GIS system for demographic and modeling information to develop plan as well as industry knowledge and experience.
- Provides plans as roadmap for company and franchise partner development.
- Maintains awareness of all site opportunities in market areas.
- Maintains network of brokers to assist with site acquisition in all target development markets.
- Maintains continual communication with franchise partners to keep them aware of site opportunities and assist with their development needs.
- Utilizes ICSC and other development organizations to help source site opportunities to fulfill development efforts.
- Completes field review of all sites submitted by franchise partners in defined territory in prescribed time frame.
- Completes Site Acceptance Package for final review and acceptance/rejection.
- Uses field site review time to continue education of franchise partners in effective site selection.
- Responds to verbal and written communication from all franchise partners in a professional and timely fashion.
- Assists as needed with LOI and lease negotiation with franchise partner and landlord.
- Closely interacts with architecture and design team to ensure plan development process is timely and that the franchisee stays on their development time-line.
- Provides timely and accurate updates on status of all development activities within assigned territory.
- Works with construction, franchise support, franchise administration and pre-opening support to ensure a smooth, timely and successful store opening.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to travel 50% - 75% of time.
- Must possess above average negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and effectively work with others as a team.
- Ability to understand and relate to numerous Franchise Partners with diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated leadership and direct supervision skills.
- Proven ability to successfully develop and manage department/project budgets.
- Possesses a high degree of drive with a proven track record of achieving results.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated track record for flexibility and urgency in prioritizing and organizing projects.
- Proficiency in computer skills, i.e. sales IT systems, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree and/or a minimum of five years’ experience in the commercial real estate field, with preferred experience being in the site procurement field for a regional or national retailer or restaurant.
- Quick service, franchise operations, hospitality industry and/or “treat” segment experience a plus.