JOB TITLE: Director, New Business Development, International
The Director New Business Development - International, Middle East & Africa, is responsible achieving new business development goals and objectives to enable the growth and success of FOCUS Brands International division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures that the assigned business development targets are met or exceeded by managing the new business development process from new franchise prospect solicitation and pipeline management to agreement closure.
- Responsible for lead generation and for maintaining a strong pipeline of potential franchise candidates.
- Maintains up-to-date brand knowledge of all concepts in the FOCUS Brands portfolio.
- Develops and provides reports outlining results compared to key performance metrics/targets.
- Manages and attends industry trade shows, conferences and expos. Maintains up-to-date information on countries, food service industry, market trends and regulations (franchise law, banking, imports etc.)
- Interfaces with franchise administration and accounting to ensure our compliance to local franchise law and proper payment and the correct documentation of our transactions.
- Leads specific market study efforts coordinating with international team resources and third party service providers.
- Works with Master Franchisees to develop and ensure the success of their sub-franchising sales processes.
- Completes due diligence on candidates including background checks, business plan proposals and validation of their financial and operational qualifications.
- Assembles final packages including business plans working with the candidates and the international team.
- Works with the Director of International New Business Development to successfully implement international development strategy and negotiate transactions.
- Undergraduate degree preferred. Fluency in a second language a plus
- International sales experience and/or franchise sales experience and broad knowledge of international business desired.
- Quick service restaurant, multi-unit, international franchise experience, and/or food service industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated management and direct supervision skills.
- Proven ability to successfully develop and manage department/project budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and effectively work with others as a team.
- Possesses a high degree of drive and ability to produce results/accomplish goals in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated track record of flexibility and urgency in prioritizing and organizing projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, Project