JOB TITLE: Director, Consumer Products
This Director will steward the consumer product business on a daily basis to ensure the performance of the business unit against its financial targets. Key responsibilities will include: project leadership, channel marketing, competitive analysis, consumer insights, product development, product marketing, and category management. He/she will collaborate with a cross functional team including finance, sales, marketing, contract manufacturing, logistics, and R&D.
Of critical importance is that this Director integrates effectively into an entrepreneurial environment without a lot of structure and process and has the ability to work across different businesses. Given the need to build new capabilities in support of the organization’s transformation, experience developing people and organizations is essential.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Project Leadership and Management of Frozen Food Initiatives Currently in market Rollout phase
• Lead production planning meeting with cross functional team
• Create trade marketing strategy by customer and manage trade marketing budget and plans with sales team and sales brokers
• Manage limited marketing and promotion budget
• Monitor monthly business performance
• Conduct detailed business analytics (ROI of marketing initiatives, Market Share, Source of Volume, etc)
• Assist SVP of division and VP Finance with division p&l management
• Assist SVP with Strategy Development.
• Prioritization of Growth Opportunities included both renovation of existing items as well as new skus
• Innovation Funnel Management, Analysis, Tracking of CPG projects
• Cross Functional Team Management
• Develop New Concepts with Design Group as appropriate
• Set Sales Strategies with team
• Interact with Sales Brokers and Buyers
• Set Market Research Objectives with Director of Marketing
• Coordinate with Brand VPs of Marketing for Business Units and Licensing Group VPs
• Create enhanced business marketing competencies with Marketing Director in the areas of:
• Market research and analysis
• Pricing strategies
• Public Relations
• Customer segmentation
• Creative brand experiences (both online and offline)
• Social media
• Create more effective and proactive digital outreach strategies to attract new customers and create a heighten awareness of the brand and its high quality products.
• Craft marketing communications programs with Director of Marketing, that include proactive public relations, events, promotions, contests, etc. paying laser-focused attention to bringing the FOCUS Brands’ experience closer to the consumer.
• Develop and manage the performance of the Company’s marketing budget.
The successful candidate will possess a strong marketing background with a minimum of 7-10 years of relevant marketing experience with classical CPG training. While he/she must understand the value of data-driven decisions, this Director must be just as comfortable relying on intuition in order to establish FOCUS Brand’s position as an innovative market leader.
• Successful and hands-on track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies that consistently exceeded planned objectives.
• Both strategic and tactical with the ability to both lead and direct – but also “roll up his/her sleeves” and actually do the work.
• Strong financial acumen with the ability to understand the key levers that drive profitability, especially as it relates to new product launches.
• Strong project management skills with the ability to operationalize both the product development process as well as the product launch process.
• A task-oriented self-starter who stays calm under pressure and proactively takes on big ideas and projects.
• Track record of success working and influencing in a fast-paced, multi-unit organization at all levels, being persuasive and effective even where no direct reporting relationship exists.
• Demonstrated success developing new ways of looking at consumer and competitor behavior through market research, expertise in customer segmentation and experience implementing profitable loyalty programs.
• Someone with a can-do attitude, an optimistic outlook on life and a sense of humor.
• A creative yet analytical mind with a problem solving orientation – and a passion for innovation.
• Common sense approach to business issues – must be proactive and adaptable as a company undergoing growth often has shifting priorities.
• Strong communication skills that allow for professional presentation of fact, ideas and positions. Ability to deal professionally when confronted with opposition and lack of acceptance of ideas, thoughts and positions.
• Bachelors’ Degree required. MBA, a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Publisher.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.