JOB TITLE: Accounts Receivable Specialist
POSITION: Accounts Receivable Specialist- Schlotzsky's
REPORTS TO: Controller
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for processing accounts receivable activity related to the brand’s franchise and restaurant operations and will understand the transactions flow within both the accounts receivable subledger and the general ledger. This person will provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and review accounts receivable aging report and franchisee payment support to ensure all invoices are paid and past due receivables are investigated.
- Prepare and recommend delinquent franchise partners to compliance. Attend meetings and be active in all decisions.
- Review A/R aging report with Operations team on a monthly basis
- Apply cash receipts daily
- Responsible for weekly and monthly billing processes
- Responsible for processing weekly ACH drafts (pull and push)
- Analyze franchisee payment trends and open receivables to provide A/R receivable updates weekly and/or as needed.
- Preparation of Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) analysis and reporting.
- Ensure a high level of customer service to franchisees.
- Research and resolve disputed receivables, double billings, short pays, etc.
- Works with internal resources to develop action plans for delinquencies and other franchisee account issues.
- Prepares and enters adjustments as necessary to ensure proper accounting records.
- Ensures interfaces between sales reporting system and Lawson are maintained and working properly.
- Reviews new franchise agreements and sets up related accounting requirements in Lawson.
- Reconciles accounts receivable ledgers to the general ledger.
- Reconciles franchisee accounts.
- Periodically prepares check deposits.
- Liaise with Franchise Administration on all Transfers, and Assignments and Assumptions.
- Train other team members on position as backup.
- Cross train as backup for other Department positions.
- Various general accounting type duties including journal entry preparation, general ledger accounts reconciliation, etc., depending upon experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate Degree with 5 years accounts receivable experience preferred.
- Quick service, franchise operations, hospitality industry experience a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office (advanced skills in Excel), and Lawson accounting software. Experience using Lawson A/R modules is desirable. In lieu of Lawson experience, intimate knowledge of the A/R and billing modules of another major financial system (PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, etc.) is essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access or any Data Management program including creating and running queries is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and effectively work with others as a team.
- Possesses a high degree of drive and ability to produce results/accomplish goals in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated track record for flexibility and urgency in prioritizing and organizing projects.
- Basic accounting knowledge, including journal entry preparation, general ledger accounts reconciliation, etc., is strongly preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.