JOB TITLE: Western Leasing Representative
BRAND: Auntie Anne's
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
POSITION: Western Leasing Representative- Auntie Anne’s
LOCATION: Western, U.S.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with approved franchise partners and candidates to find suitable locations for Auntie Anne’s stores. Serve as their resource for leasing questions and concerns.
- Obtain information on potential sites and negotiate rents.
- Conduct surveys for potential sites (involves traveling)
- Evaluate proposed rent packages to determine whether deals should be concluded. Work with developers to negotiate the best economic terms possible. Issue letters of intent
- Coordinate issues/schedules with other departments (i.e., determining suitability of locations, arranging surveys, preparing lease comments, solving problems relative to lease language vs. construction, etc.)
- Analyze and refine guideline criteria for evaluating locations.
- Analyze data (i.e., sales of other tenants, mall size, demographics, etc.) for existing Auntie Anne's locations to determine market trends, potential profitability of current stores (with the specific rent factors), and possible patterns in sales performance relating to property types.
- Ensure franchisor required language is incorporated into all leases.
- Work closely with construction dept. and franchise partners to ensure on time opening of new stores.
- Interact with the Franchise Development Department and Store Support Department regarding franchisee approvals, and on time document/ fee collection.
- Provide guidance and support to Franchising Department and franchise partners with respect to lease renewals, store relocations, and assignments associated with transfer of store ownership.
- Negotiate rent relief whenever appropriate for under-performing stores as requested and substantiated by Regional Director.
- Communicate and negotiate with non-traditional developers to pursue and develop new locations that make sense.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field; or 3 years + experience in retail mall leasing, or related business experience.
- Must have excellent command of the English language
- Must be competent in business correspondence
- Must be an able negotiator and salesman
- Must be confident and comfortable with phone and in-person conversations
- Must be a detail-oriented person capable of managing many projects simultaneously
- Must be or become very familiar with store operations
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Should be confident with public speaking ,presenting and personal conversations
- Excellent Office Skills (computer, office equipment, fax, etc.):
- Requires comprehension of legal documents (i.e. leases).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.