JOB TITLE: Vice President, Franchise Operations
BRAND: McAlister's Deli
LOCATION: Alpharetta, GA
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Vice-President of Franchise Operations - McAlister’s, partners with the President, Franchise Partners and key cross-functional teams and associates to develop and execute operations strategies and programs to enable continued brand growth and profitability. This position acts as a McAlister’s Brand Champion, and ensures that McAlister’s Franchise Partners operate their restaurants in compliance with all appropriate systems and standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for driving profitability and operations for all Franchise restaurants via partnership with the Brand President, cross-functional departments, and key constituents.
- Optimizes Franchise Partner and McAlister’s team relationships to drive results.
- Develops and achieves the annual restaurant operating plan.
- Provides leadership and direction to develop multiple Franchise Business Consultants to deliver results.
- Conduct semi-annual business review meetings with each Franchise Partner to review their annual plan.
- Provides operational expertise and counsel for the McAlister’s Franchise Advisory Council (FAC); represents the brand on various Franchise system operational committees.
- Partners with VP of Marketing and other key constituents/departments to execute the annual marketing calendar.
- Monitors Franchise Partners for consistent achievement of optimal shift management, food safety, quality, cleanliness and brand environment goals as established by operation’s business plan and McAlister’s operating standards.
- Directs the successful operation and testing of new operational concepts, food products, equipment or technology considered for system-wide implementation.
- Accountable for the brand’s requirement to produce and maintain written system operational standards.
- Participates in the selection of future McAlister’s Franchise Partners via participation in the Franchise Sales interview process.
- Undergraduate degree and/or 10+ years of restaurant operations experience
- Casual dining and/or restaurant franchise operations experience a plus.
- Strong ability to build relationships (internal and external), effectively communicate and positively influence direct reports, Franchise Partners and other key constituents.
- Possesses a high degree of drive with a proven track record of achieving results.
- Strong financial acumen, analysis/problem-solving, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within a constantly changing and demanding environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills; demonstrated track record for flexibility and urgency in prioritizing and organizing projects.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), and problem solving skills.
- Expert-level skill with Microsoft computer skills, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Expert-level skill with various operational point-of-sale (POS) systems.