JOB TITLE: Vice President Brand Marketing
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Brand VP of Marketing for Carvel partners with the Carvel President, Franchisees and key cross-functional associates to develop and execute marketing/advertising strategies and programs to enable continued brand growth and profitability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulates and administers brand positioning and strategies.
- Responsible for developing long range brand goals and objectives as it relates to market penetration and growth.
- Develop a highly effective marketing team. Direct the activities of marketing & PR/interactive team and field/regional marketing associates,
- Leads analysis of ad fund dollars, and promotion effectiveness and development of specialized campaigns to increase sales.
- Develops and manages brand marketing/advertising budget.
- Partners with internal Creative Services department to create all marketing/POP elements; directs creative and production teams in developing and producing advertisements.
- Negotiates contract terms with applicable suppliers.
- Trains key departments/associates (i.e. operations) on marketing initiatives.
- Analyzes marketing programs and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
- Plans and conducts market research to identify opportunities for increased sales.
- Provides various reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing programs.
- Develops and implement advertising strategies in response to product objectives.
- Designs and maintains an effective advertising program that spans all types of media opportunities.
- Partners with R&D associates to identify marketing/advertising strategies/programs related to new product launches and/or LTO’s.
- Partners with cross-functional department leaders to build brand identity and raises awareness through effective advertising programs.
- Monitors and analyzes sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of campaign.
- Graduate and/or Undergraduate degree in marketing, advertising or related field.
- 10+ years successful marketing/advertising work experience – franchising/restaurant industry experience preferred.
- Ability to travel 50 – 75% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and align strategic marketing and advertising plans with brand objectives.
- Proven ability to develop high performance teams
- Strong knowledge of electronic/social media planning/buying.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, and develop multiple direct reports.
- Ability to establish and build candid, trusting relationships with all constituents.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong analytical capabilities including budgetary and financial acumen.