JOB TITLE: Training Specialist/Instructional Designer
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Training Specialist/Instructional Designer is responsible for providing brand-specific training support and services as well as being responsible for the design and development of training solutions, which enables Cinnabon to achieve operational excellence by using adult learning principles. Assists in the achievement of organizational and brand goals and objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct job, task and performance analysis to develop training objectives
- Design self-paced instructor-led and reference-based learning experiences that improve team member performance and impact business results.
- Plan, schedule and track projects, maintaining aggressive deadlines and communicate issues/risks/roadblocks in a timely manner
- Gain agreement with key stakeholders on training program outcomes and success metrics
- Align measurement and evaluation approaches to defined training program outcomes.
- Develop evaluations/assessments to measure training effectiveness
- Develop design guidelines for communication/learning tools.
- Establish training program/course objectives and intended learning outcomes and develop valid and reliable assessment tools to measure objectives
- Develop training materials to optimize the use of technology and ensure appropriate delivery methods for adult learners.
- Share instructional design expertise within and outside US Training, Learning & Development, to increase awareness of how materials can strategically and tactically improve performance.
- Engage and interact with learners and key stakeholders to test and validate instructional design and development
- Use evaluation results to improve training program design and execution; shares best practices and lessons learned resulting from evaluation data.
- Collaborate with small and large teams to achieve goals.
- Project management
- Lead project teams to produce and direct training audio, video and multimedia.
- Write storyboards, trainer’s notes, participant materials, video and multimedia scripts and other documents
- Perform assessments that lead to data-driven design proposals and recommendations (storyboards/ideas/concepts presented graphically)
- Create multimedia materials using presentation software, rapid-development tools and image/audio processing software (Articulate Storyline, Captivate 5.5 or higher, After Effects, Snag-It, Replay, Word, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Audition, Premiere Pro)
- Develop and/or document effective standardized training materials, including course outlines, facilitator/trainer guides, presentations, and other training materials utilizing established instructional design theories and principles.
- Ensure consistency between training materials and all standards/manuals/policies.
- Work with 3rd party vendors when necessary to source additional resources or to develop alternative solutions. Create learning that translates technical information (POS, reporting systems, labor scheduler, etc.) into terms that non-technical users can comprehend.
- Undergraduate degree and/or 3 years of restaurant, bakery or retail operations experience. Management experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience designing and implementing training programs and working with various training technologies.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Ability to work nights and weekends for openings and training events
- Quick service, franchise operations experience a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning theories and application via successful facilitation and instruction techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and effectively work with others as a team.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Possess a high degree of drive with a proven track record of achieving result.
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated track record for flexibility and urgency in prioritizing and organizing projects.
- Proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and various POS systems
- Understanding of technical writing, user experience, usability, Web 2.0, graphic design/animation and video production.
- Demonstrated ability to identify needs, analyze and logically organize complex information and transform that into professionally designed, engaging and effective training programs.
- Demonstrably strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to impart technical knowledge to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong writing skills, including technical documentation, record keeping and report writing; ability to effectively document training plans.
- Proven understanding of instructional design and adult learning theory
- Must have the ability to work as part of a larger team, balance multiple tasks/objectives and have high levels of flexibility to change.
- Proven ability to collaborate with others, including team members, supervisors and managers, and work effectively with employees at all levels across all departments.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including strong and proven interpersonal skills; diplomatic and respectful.
- Demonstrated initiative and results orientation.
- Analytical and diagnostic skills; ability to collect, interpret and summarize data.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- High level of detail awareness.
- Expertise in job specific software tools, including Adobe Captivate 5.5 or higher, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, .XML/html, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects. Adobe Audition, Articulate Replay, Snag-it preferred, but not required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.