JOB TITLE: Staff Accountant
BRAND: Auntie Anne's
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for general accounting responsibilities as well as assisting the Accounting Manager on various FP&A projects. Timely and accurate completion of tasks, in an organized and efficient manner, is a critical component of this position.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries during the month end close process.
- Perform assigned monthly account reconciliations. Analyze, review, research and correct discrepancies.
- Provide monthly actual-to-budget variance analysis on selected accounts.
- Responsible for all reporting, budgeting, and forecasting for Auntie Anne’s Ad Fund company.
- Assist with the annual Auntie Anne’s budget and quarterly reforecasts.
- Assist with the preparation and compilation of materials for the annual external audit and tax returns.
- Conduct other FP&A-related responsibilities as assigned.
- Obtain necessary information for monthly financial dashboard reporting.
- Manage the accounting for the Auntie Anne’s gift card program.
- Complete special projects as directed by the Accounting Manager.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- B.S. / B.A. in Accounting / Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer and accounting skills are necessary.
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office, and advanced Excel skills, are required.
- Experience with Dynamics GP or Dynamics AX is a plus.
- At least 3 to 5 years related accounting experience required.
- Incumbent needs to have a level of maturity, a positive attitude, and the ability to work within a diverse environment.
- Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Must be able to effectively present information to accounting management, co-workers, and franchise partners.
Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.