JOB TITLE: Sr. Financial Analyst
BRAND: FOCUS Brands
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
The Financial Sr. Analyst conducts sales analysis, financial modeling, forecasting, reporting, and analysis for applicable constituents. This position monitors and reviews monthly transaction activity and assesses the impact on business results. This position assists the business with financial analysis, quarterly forecasts, operating plan variance analysis, annual budgeting process, analysis of actual results, and financial reporting.
- Compiles, distributes, and provides analysis of financial performance through month, quarter, and annual financial analysis reports.
- Prepares monthly financial reports, dashboards, and scorecards for management.
- Provides on-going and ad hoc analysis and summaries of financial performance against key business metrics to determine progress against budgets, forecasts, and prior year.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams to gather and analyze relevant information to present insightful findings, analyses, and recommendations to management.
- Communicates with finance team, accounting staff, field operations support, and senior management to ensure reports are timely and accurate.
- Documents processes, makes recommendations, and assists in systems/process improvements to enhance overall financial reporting accuracy and speed.
- Assists in the month-end close process to ensure financial results are complete and accurate.
- Reconciles financial systems to ensure business transactions are accurately reflected in financial reporting.
- Prepares variance analysis reports of company’s actual forecast and budget financial results.
- Prepares monthly financial reports and dashboards for management and the finance team.
- Prepares monthly cost center reports, including operating expenses and headcount performance to forecast, budget, and prior year.
- Prepares detailed financial reports and presentations for review by various levels of management.
- Prepares ad hoc reports and responds to financial analysis requests.
Forecast and Budget
- Participates in the annual budgeting process which includes the preparation of detailed income and expense budgets at the unit level and other key metrics.
- Assists in the preparation and uploading of budgets and forecasts to financial reporting software.
- Develops comprehensive financial models outside of planning model to evaluate performance against strategic initiatives.
- Conceptualizes and builds automated financial models with appropriate documentation to enhance business decision making and identify new business opportunities.
- Identifies, makes recommendations and implements improvements to the planning and forecasting process.
- Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to improve analysis and insight and to ensure monthly performance is accurately reflected in the company’s financial systems.
- Facilitates monthly close process and analysis of profit & loss, working capital, and non-financial accounts to ensure accuracy and timeliness, to provide performance recommendations, and to maintain compliance
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- 3+ years of progressive finance, accounting, or financial planning/analysis experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field of study preferred
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Experience in forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis
- Retail, franchisee, restaurant, food, or beverage experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge in building financial models, including intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Working knowledge of Lawson accounting/Microsoft Dynamics AX (or similar) general ledger module
- Working knowledge of Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows
- Working knowledge of budgeting and forecasting models/processes
- Ability to build, organize, and retrieve reports using Hyperion Essbase/Smartview financial reporting application and BI360 suite
- Ability to convey clear, concise information in verbal, written, electronic, and other communication formats; and to demonstrate active listening while engaging others
- Ability to develop and maintain positive business relationships and foster an environment of mutual respect, understanding, trust, and support
- Ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of stakeholders (e.g., internal and external customers, etc.) in a timely manner
- Ability to adapt and adjust planned work through assessing work demands, competing priorities, and tight deadlines; and to understand the most effective and efficient means to accomplish tasks