JOB TITLE: SQL Developer
BRAND: Support Center
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
REPORTS TO: Senior Director IT
LOCATION: Atlanta Support Center
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The SQL Developer is responsible for providing technical support for the business’ database environment and includes overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing the Information Technology Team with a long-term perspective on database technology for the company.
The SQL Developer is challenged to work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives. Trains and develops technical support and applications staff. Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the database environment. Work to provide a functional model for our CRM and Accounting environments; including reporting, data migration, and data exchange between systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive enterprise and retail technology projects to successful completion.
- Assist with the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and Enterprise SharePoint 2013.
- Collaborate with IT Applications Team to create SharePoint solutions that meet customer needs and adhere to established standards.
- Develop a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
- Develop a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary.
- Analyze back office data related processes (Franchise sales, Franchise Administration, Marketing and Customer Service) to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze requirements and work with IT Applications Team to design solutions that fit into the organization’s enterprise architecture.
- Conduct unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Application of service packs, cumulative updates, upgrades and migrations and performance tuning to SQL Servers.
- Research any problems discovered and support and develop solutions to the problems.
- Ability to produce project deliverables to spec and deliver on-time; including but not limited to the design, the installation, related documentation, and reports.
- Provide technical leadership and direction to other technical resources.
- Architect strategic business solutions aligned with multiple technologies, cross platform or business process expertise.
- Design and integrate business processes and data flows between CRM application databases and other SQL based applications.
- Develop data conversion, data migration, and data transfer strategies.
- Work closely with IT Retail Technology and IT Operations groups to ensure successful implementation of initiatives as it relates to the successful execution of all Project Charters.
- Work with the IT Applications Team to develop both the physical and the logical database administrative functions related to enterprise level projects
- Assist with the development of our database processing methodologies and end-user computing environments.
- Work with other technical teams to build our logical database area and provide technical guidance during all phases of the development process.
- Work with vendors in evaluating and implementing new technologies.
- Advanced understanding of SQL Server (2005, 2008, 2012, etc.) including, Database Development, Database Tuning and Database Management.
- Self-starter and be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Assist in the creation of project timelines to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- Successful track record of developing peer and senior-level relationships.
- Strong personality who is relentless working through roadblocks and impediments, whether they are technical or business related issues or those that may arise from organizational or personality discords.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and fortitude in managing change in a very fluid environment.
- Work with developers to define and create specifications for any SQL custom code or data migration requirements.
- Create knowledge transfer documentation.
- The ability to manage rapid change.
- The ability to manage diverse requirements from diverse customers to develop solutions to meet the best needs of the system.
- Provide leadership during the development and enhancement of production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple demands
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with little supervision
- 5 years + IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments.
- Experience with data management and data processing workflow techniques.
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Technical documentation skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute timeline driven tasks.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM a plus.
- Knowledge of Lawson Software a plus.
- Knowledge of FICS Mortgage Software a plus.
- Knowledge of Oracle Database 11g a plus.
- 5 years Microsoft SQL Server experience
- BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
- Microsoft SQL Certification MCSA - MCSE preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Minimal travel.