JOB TITLE: Social Media Manager
LOCATION: Austin, TX
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This role requires a self-motivated individual who can harness integrated marketing communications, brand building, corporate communications, stakeholder engagement and issues management to advance Schlotzsky’s social media presence. They will help to attract and engage guests as well as enhance and celebrate our culture and reputation. This role executes a centralized social media strategy to ensure brand alignment and prioritized, integrated social media engagement across the business -- through all appropriate social media channels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conversation Calendar: Develop a year-long calendar that weaves together traditional/non-traditional holidays, current events and popular culture with key Schlotzsky’s brand assets, equities and ‘news’ items to help tell our Brand ‘Story’ (e.g., Est. 1971 in Austin, TX, The Original sandwich, Fresh-From-Scratch, Sourdough Bunz baked fresh daily, unique ‘Oven-Baked’ cooking preparation, LTO’s, Lotz4Me Guest Rewards program, Co-Brand partnerships, etc.).
- Content Management: Develop a powerful, engaging strategy and partner with in-house creative team to develop and execute relevant content (e.g., Photos, Videos, Polls, etc.) to evangelize the Schlotzsky’s brand across its key social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, etc.).
- Campaign Management: Implement, monitor and measure social media campaigns to help build positive brand awareness and deepen the level of engagement with Schlotzsky’s and its products and services.
- Brand Advocacy: Strategize and direct Schlotzskys’s approach for identifying, growing and engaging loyal online brand advocates via the amplification of social media to help us grow a ‘cult-like’ following behind the Schlotzsky’s brand.
- Guest Relations: Integrate and help inform Schlotzsky’s approach for relating to guests via social media – both reactive (addressing complaints in an appropriate manner) and proactive (praising guests who demonstrate advocacy on behalf of our brand).
- Reputation Management: Ensure Schlotzsky’s brand and reputation are enhanced by social media activities; integrating with PR to actively manage communications issues via social media.
- 3-5 years social media experience
- Significant experience developing brands within social media.
- Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communications with a unique ability to articulate the brand ‘voice’ in a creative and witty way.
- Strong organizational skills, idea driven; history of anticipating issues and the skills to be strategic, proactive and assertive.
- Knows the ins and outs of all social media channels, uses them effectively for work and personal; staying up to date on social trends and industry best practices.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Restaurant or Food and Beverage experience is a plus.
- Proficient using MS Office Suite.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and effectively work with others as a team.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
BA/BS Communications, Advertising, Journalism, English, PR or related field required