JOB TITLE: Senior Director, Marketing
LOCATION: Austin, TX
The Brand Senior Director of Marketing for Schlotzsky’s partners with the CMO to plan and implement sales, marketing and product development programs, in support of national and local brand/sales building activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives.
- Ensures effective measurements of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Manages marketing programs to ensure company outlined objectives are achieved.
- Oversees and evaluates market research data and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
- Partners with internal Creative Services department to create all merchandising/POP elements; directs creative and production teams in developing and producing advertisements.
- Negotiates contract terms with applicable suppliers.
- Trains key departments/associates (i.e. operations) on marketing initiatives.
- Utilizes industry benchmarking to current marketing programs and adjusts strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
- Partners with culinary R&D associates to develop marketing/advertising strategies/programs related to new product launches and/or LTO’s.
- Monitors and analyzes sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of campaign.
- Graduate and/or Undergraduate degree in marketing, advertising or related field. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years successful marketing/advertising work experience – franchising/restaurant industry experience preferred.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and implement strategic marketing and advertising plans with brand objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to execute electronic/social media marketing strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to execute and evaluate guest research.
- Demonstrated ability to execute guest engagement programs.
- Detail-oriented with the demonstrated ability to manage projects from inception to execution.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, and develop direct reports.
- Ability to establish and build candid, trusting relationships with all constituents.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong analytical capabilities including budgetary and financial acumen.