JOB TITLE: Senior Accountant
BRAND: FOCUS Brands
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Accountant is responsible for providing accurate and timely accounting support in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to various FOCUS Brands constituents. He / she will maintain adequate internal controls and protect company assets while demonstrating the core competencies below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General ledger financial accounting which may include but is not limited to:
- Advertising funds
- Advertising and marketing expenses
- Bank account reconciliations
- Gift cards
- Invoice and miscellaneous accruals
- Vendor rebates
- Customer inducements
- Vendor, franchisee and other deposits
- Intercompany debt and interest
- Participation in the implementation of a new ERP system.
- Participation in the documentation and maintenance of compliant internal controls over financial reporting consistent with Sarbanes-Oxley, Sec. 404 (SOX).
- Participates in external audit as necessary by assisting Corporate Controller in the preparation of required schedules and supplemental information, and/or responding to inquiries of external auditors
- Assist in implementation of Blackline, Trintech or similar account reconciliations software.
- Assist in various special projects as needed for the VP of Accounting, Corporate Controller and other members of Finance and Accounting management and the management of the brand concepts.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting and four or more years of experience in accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- US GAAP with emphasis in the following areas preferred:
- Lease accounting
- Evaluation of goodwill and other indefinite-lived intangible assets
- Revenue recognition, preferably for franchisors
- Fixed assets
- Experience in the design and development of internal controls, including Sarbanes-Oxley implementation.
- “Big 4” or “Second-Tier National” public accounting experience preferred.
- Quick service, franchise operations, and/or hospitality industry experience a plus.
- Experience in systems implementation and process improvements a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office (advanced skills in Excel and Word) required.
- Experience with widely-used ERP / accounting systems (Microsoft AX, PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, etc.) is required.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.