JOB TITLE: Retail Technology Systems Manager
BRAND: FOCUS Brands
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
The Retail Technology Systems Manager is accountable for IT objectives and strategies, recommendations for system changes and enhancements. This role reports directly to the Director of Retail Technology. Bring value to the restaurant operators POS investment by conducting in-depth research and analysis of new POS (point-of-sale) technologies and functionalities.
Ideally the candidate should have over 10 years of experience in systems management, project management, business analysis, and a solid understanding of restaurant back office systems (COGS, Labor, Inventory Mgt, P-Mix and Integrations), HRIS, mobile platforms, loyalty, payment processing and more. Extensive experience in the NCRAloha POS and Micros POS a plus. Restaurant experience is a benefit.
He/she must demonstrate strong leadership skills, a high personal energy and commitment to success, and excel in both written and verbal communications to internal and external audiences.
- Analyzing and defining business area and department specific objectives, strategies and processes; recommends system changes or enhancements.
- Assisting with administration of business requirements for areas of Retail Point of Sale.
- Review product integrations as they pertain to various POS platforms.
- Back office, Mobile Platforms, Payroll System, Inventory Systems, More
- Translating regional requirements into globally compatible solutions that meet company infrastructure and application standards.
- Analyzing and gathering user requirements, review system capabilities and making recommendations on system, hardware or procedure and configuration changes.
- Assisting in the coordination of testing, resource allocations for tasks and projects, meetings, status updates, and presentations.
- Preparing system documentation, training materials; providing user training, project documentation and diagramming.
- Bridging the gap between the business customer and technology solution providers by translating business needs to technical solutions.
- Project enhancement documentation and preparation for new business requirements with POS business areas.
- Providing subject matter expertise and support in the following:
- Research and analysis of new POS technologies, opportunities, and functionality.
- Support mandatory functionality configuration/updates to support new requirements (i.e. sales, sales and analysis reporting, hr, etc.).
- Coordinate with vendors for service, support and vendor presentations & product demos.
- Supporting helpdesk by enhancing skill sets and issue resolutions. (Level 1 and Level 2)
- Support of new restaurant opening process, configuration and post opening followup.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Self-starter and be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- Successful track record of developing peer and senior-level relationships
- Strong personality and work ethic driving solutions through roadblocks and impediments, whether they are technical or business related issues.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and fortitude in managing change in a very fluid environment.
- Sound understanding of technical software/hardware environments and delivering customized software to multi-location, multi brand and global customers.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Work with developers to define and create specifications for any custom code, data migration, in-house or outsourced contracted programming.
- Create knowledge transfer documentation.
- The ability to manage rapid change and shifts in priorities, demands and timelines
- Strong knowledge of NCRAloha POS platforms and related technologies
- Project management skills that deliver required results and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written) to interact with employees, management and users.
- The ability to manage diverse requirements from diverse customers to develop solutions to meet the best needs of the system.
- Independently participate and/or lead an implementation team and perform in an individual or team environment supporting Management direction.
- The ability to manage a team of various experience and skills to deliver quality solutions.
- Must be an effective communicator that communicates clearly to all parties within a timely manner.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.