JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Manager
BRAND: FOCUS Brands
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Quality Assurance Manager will lead FOCUS Brands’ efforts to maintain the continuous product and service quality of the Enterprise Wide Application Portfolio. The QA Manager will implement process controls, conduct data analysis, execute QA testing of core systems, and provide support to end users. The QA Manager is responsible for the quality of all IT project deliverables and the ongoing quality of all IT application related products. The QA Manager will also be involved in project plan development and project performance measurement. He/she will provide FOCUS Brands with functional knowledge of the quality assurance process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the successful delivery of testing and quality assurance activities for assigned programs and platforms.
- Direct the test phases activity (unit, system, integration, release, user acceptance) of complex (cross functional, multi-site) programs and/or projects to ensure a successful implementation of technology solutions.
- Responsible for on-time, on-budget delivery of assigned testing activities required to support the delivery of end-to-end functionality into the production environment.
- Provide the testing estimates, and monitor and manage to approved testing budgets within assigned functions and programs.
- Support operational and strategic direction for test data management, defect management, testing tools, automation, estimation, test environment usage and governance.
- Manages QA for IT related projects; sets expectations pertaining to accurate schedules, costs and resources.
- Provides necessary definition, development and deployment of product quality assurance strategy, addressing all phases of product development.
- Directly supervises QA testing, including the preparation and delivery of QA metrics and status reports.
- Works with technical staff to establish documentation and policies for QA testing.
- Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams.
- Manages and responds to software quality assurance issues.
- Point of escalation for testing related issues/risks.
- Ensure test support needs (data, resources, etc.) are proactively identified and addressed –
- Anticipates program release problems and takes corrective action, to resolve and achieve commitments.
- Manages the planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline and at least 3, typically 5 or more years of experience in a systems quality environment, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, and AX.
- Retail industry knowledge is preferable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.