JOB TITLE: Production Artist
LOCATION: Austin, TX
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Schlotzsky’s Creative Services Production Artist is responsible for completing final art in print and electronic formats for Local Store Marketing (LSM) requests and other corporate and franchise system needs and providing digital content for social media, web, and other digital media. Design direction will be provided via existing templates, corporate brand standards or by internal departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to interpret and apply current branding, design and messaging standards to various media a must. Ability to implement and program digital/web content a must.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in agency, publishing, or production art-oriented environment. Restaurant/hospitality industry experience a plus.
- Must be fully competent in Adobe CS5 software with emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop for Mac platform.
- Knowledge of graphic arts, printing methods and production techniques.
- MS Office especially Power Point knowledge.
- Must be a highly motivated team player with excellent production skills and eye for design.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to multi-task, and provide strong attention to detail in a high paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple aspects of projects, and switch between projects consecutively.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment in an effort to strengthen and sustain the Schlotzsky’s culture by providing outstanding support to team.
- Strong ethics and integrity in building relationships with members of the Schlotzsky’s team, and with internal and external contacts.
- Minimal overnight travel throughout the year for office and departmental meetings.
- Must have knowledge of webpage programming/design and digital media programming/design.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
- BA/BS/MFA degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Interface Design or equivalent experience.