JOB TITLE: Outbound Sales Representative- Catering
LOCATION: Austin, TX
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Outbound Sales Representative is responsible for aggressively identifying and qualifying new business opportunities by building relationships with potential prospects via telephone and e-mail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Performs lead generation activities through cold calls and direct emails.
- Conducts research on qualified businesses in a specified zone.
- Identifies prospects by reading telephone and zip code directories and other prepared listings.
- Calls prospective customers by operating telephone equipment, automatic dialing systems, and other telecommunications technologies.
- Influences customers to buy catering services by following a prepared sales talk to give service and product information.
- MUST be able to be conversational & friendly, not reading directly from a script.
- Establishes a high level of rapport and trust with prospects.
- Develops and follows up on business leads.
- Provides price quotes as needed.
- Obtains or verifies customer information, including address, phone number, and payments methods.
- Explains products or services in detail.
- Answers questions from customers and potentially takes orders.
- Completes orders by recording names, addresses, and purchases; referring orders for filling.
- Secures information by inputting customer information into CRM system.
- Schedules appointments for sales managers to meet with potential clients when necessary.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains acceptable attendance in accordance with established policies set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years’ experience in telemarketing, inside sales or sales.
- Telemarketing expertise in a B2B direct lead-generation environment.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Strong sales, written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Basic computer literacy and math skills.