JOB TITLE: Mid- West Leasing Representative
BRAND: Auntie Anne's
- Work from home in the Mid-Western Region, with travel to PA as appropriate
- Work with approved franchisees and developers to find appropriate locations for Auntie Anne’s stores in the Mid-Western region and possibly selected national contacts.
- Maintain solid growth by negotiating optimum terms for new locations, lease renewals/extensions, store relocations, and through analyzing the performance of existing stores.
- Develop and maintain an excellent rapport with franchisees and landlords.
- Remain well informed of current leasing industry trends and communicate same to the system when applicable.
- Obtain information on potential sites and negotiate rents.
- Coordinate issues/schedules with other departments (i.e., determining suitability of locations, negotiating economics, arranging surveys, issuing letters of intent, preparing lease comments, solving problems relative to lease language vs. construction, etc.)
- Conduct surveys for potential sites (involves traveling)
- Work with approved franchisees and candidates to find suitable locations for Auntie Anne’s stores. Serve as their resource for leasing questions and concerns.
- Evaluate proposed rent packages based upon franchisees projections to determine whether deals should be concluded. Work with developers to negotiate the best economic terms possible.
- Analyze and refine guideline criteria for evaluating locations.
- Analyze data (i.e., sales of other tenants, mall size, demographics, etc.) for existing Auntie Anne's locations to determine market trends, potential profitability of current stores (with the specific rent factors), and possible patterns in sales performance relating to property types.
- Ensure franchisor required language is incorporated into all leases.
- Interact with the Franchise Development Department and Store Support Department regarding franchisee approvals and the status of potential locations.
- Provide guidance and support to Franchising Department and franchisees with respect to lease assignments associated with transfer of store ownership.
11. Negotiate rent relief whenever appropriate for under-performing stores as requested and substantiated by Regional Director.
12.Communicate and negotiate with non-traditional developers to pursue and develop new locations that make sense.
Some indirect supervision of Administrative Assistant
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field; or 3 years + experience in retail mall leasing, or related business experience.
- Excellent Office Skills (computer, office equipment, fax, etc.):
- Requires comprehension of legal documents (i.e. leases).
- Must have excellent command of the English language
- Must be competent in business correspondence
- Must be an able negotiator and salesman
- Must be confident and comfortable with phone and in-person conversations
- Must be a detail-oriented person capable of managing many projects simultaneously
- Must be or become very familiar with store operations
- Should be proficientin Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Should be confident with public speaking and personal conversations
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
The ability to type, work in a store, drive a car.
Position requires the ability to drive and travel by public transportation.
Payroll status as Regular, Full-time, salaried, Exempt