JOB TITLE: Microsoft Dynamics AX System Administrator
BRAND: FOCUS Brands
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
POSITION: Microsoft Dynamics AX System Administrator
REPORTS TO: IT Infrastructure Director
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Microsoft Dynamics AX System Administrator is responsible for assisting in the design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of FOCUS Brands’ AX ERP system. This role includes interacting with both IT support staff and business users to understand business requirements, evaluate solutions, resolve issues, communicate status and document system changes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate, configure, test, debug and maintain Dynamics AX system tasks such as user management, patch management, configuration and deployment
- Troubleshoot Dynamics AX technical and environment issues. Technical responsibilities include multi-tiered systems support, administration and overall environment responsibility in the AX environment.
- Act as a liaison between business users and IT Support for issues related to Dynamics AX.
- Design, develop, test and monitor plans for AX security configuration
- Develop, maintain and enforce security policies and procedures aligned with best practices for segregation of duties and lead other process improvement initiatives. Ensure AX complies with all regulatory initiatives, e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley and audit findings.
- Manage and review security logs and table permissions framework.
- Work directly with the Development and Functional teams to maintain Dynamics AX application environments.
- Work directly with the DBA team for solution performance monitoring and application tuning.
- Interface with vendors and Microsoft for installation and technical support as needed.
- Must be able to proactively analyze and provide meaningful statistics on Dynamics AX systems and operational metrics: current utilization of systems, storage utilization and capacity and overall load, uptime and efficiency of systems.
- Interacts with vendors to develop and implement service improvements.
- Provides support to End Users as required
- Four year degree, preferably in business, computer science, or information technology.
- Prior application/ERP administration experience.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 administration experience
- Dynamics AX certification preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- .NET and SQL server experience
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 3+ years of Prior experience administering Microsoft Dynamics AX Environment 2009/2012
- Knowledge of multi-domain level infrastructures (i.e. network trusts etc…)
- Prior technical experience supporting multi-tiered financial applications
- Understanding of Active Directory including global security groups, local security, policies
- Experience in ERP security implementations
- In depth understanding of AX ERP security including configuration, transaction codes, authorizations, organization levels
- Experience working with the Microsoft Dynamics AX Compliance Center tool to manage user provisioning and identify segregation of duties and sensitive access violations
- Experience collaborating with auditors to demonstrate compliance with internal and external standards.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.