JOB TITLE: Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Analyst
BRAND: FOCUS Brands
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
POSITION: Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Analyst
REPORTS TO: IT Applications Director
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Dynamics AX Financials Application Analyst is responsible for FOCUS Brands’ Dynamics AX engagements including: Support, implementation, upgrade, and/or extension of existing applications. The AX Analyst is responsible for hands-on configuration of Dynamics AX Financial modules as well as assisting Accounting team members with Dynamics AX solutions. The AX Analyst will also be involved in business case development and performance measurement. He/she will provide FOCUS Brands with functional knowledge of the Dynamics AX system and manage end user relationships within context of individual role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Configure and implement Dynamics AX solutions with a primary focus on modules related to Finance and Manufacturing. This includes AP, AR, G/L, Cost Accounting, and Manufacturing & Sales Reporting
- Provide end user support through knowledge of business processes and functional Dynamics AX solutions
- Plan, Analyze, Implement, Manage and Maintain MS Dynamics AX Applications
- Assist in the management of external partners (technical implementation, training and support)
- Develop Group Applications templates based on Dynamics AX
- Document, Update and Maintain Group Business Processes in a SharePoint Repository
- Train users on Dynamics AX and related business processes
- Contribute to test plans, ensure functional and non-functional requirements are articulated in a consistent fashion.
- Assist the Functional Analysts, Business Analysts and Developers in the successful translation of requirements into a workable solution for all functional specifications.
- Four year degree, preferably in accounting, computer science, or information technology.
- Prior upgrades/Implementation experience with ERP products (i.e. AX, Great Plains, Lawson, etc.)
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Certification
- Experience with Financials in the following industries Retail, Manufacturing, Food and Beverage
- AX Manufacturing Module Experience
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 3+ years of Prior experience supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009/2012 financial modules
- In depth understanding of Accounting processes, functionality and systems
- In depth functional knowledge of Dynamics AX2012 with specific experience in the finance and accounting modules
- Experience in interpreting business and user requirements and providing IT solutions
- Excellent communication skills; Excellent interpersonal skills-'Customer Focus'
- Experience conducting business requirement gathering sessions
- Ability to analyze dependencies of the current business processes with other business or project areas
- Knowledge of industry best practices and current trends
- Excellent analytical, creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.