JOB TITLE: Franchise Business Specialist
BRAND: Auntie Anne's
LOCATION: Southeast United States
Job Summary: The responsibility of the Franchise Business Specialist is to provide operations support and business consultation to Auntie Anne's Inc. customers. The Franchise Business Specialist (FBS) will act as a primary point of contact for the franchise partner in all dealings with Auntie Anne's Inc. The FBS work closely with the Senior FBC to insure operational compliance with Auntie Anne's standards, and maximizing sales and profit potential for each location. Additionally, the FBS will identify areas of opportunity to strengthen business relationships and execute both short- and long-term initiatives.
Reports to: Regional Director
- Create, foster, and maintain healthy and honest business relationships that effectively yield results. Respect franchise partners and their teams during all interactions.
- Visit assigned stores as often as business needs dictate (typically every 8-10 weeks); provide operational support, review home office updates, measure store compliance, confer with franchise partner on business issues, etc.
- Provide collaborative and substantive consulting to maximize sales and profits. Remain current with all aspects of franchise partner’s business through regular review of available sales data, comment cards, mystery shop reports, etc.
- Support marketing and sales building initiatives developed by Senior FBC as directed.
- Protect brand via survey inspections. Report compliance issues during survey inspections in a manner that is consistent with departmental standards.
- Influence positive results through regular and effective communications with assigned franchise partners through meetings, telephone calls, follow-up e-mail, etc. as appropriate to maintain and grow relationships outside of the scheduled visits.
- Influence change at store level by finding positive, win-win solutions for the franchise partner and Auntie Anne's Inc.
- Keep current with administrative duties and submit required reports in a timely fashion (calendarization, contact management, expense reports, 1:1 agendas, updates, etc.).
- Provide information to Regional Directors, Director of Store Support, and other Corporate Office personnel as they request it, in a timely basis.
- Provide a link between the Franchise Business Team and the Leasing department, insuring that franchise partners are well positioned for growth.
- Represent Auntie Anne’s in all professional dealings. Serve as a liaison/contact person between the Support Center, franchisees, vendors, etc. as needed.
- Participate in all company functions/events as required (Council Meetings, department meetings, Convention, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; minimum three to five years related experience and/or training
- Experience working with or within a franchise system
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to be innovative and self-motivated
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities for beneficial change in a professional setting
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (some public speaking required)
- Excellent computer skills (intermediate level or greater mastery of Microsoft Office software)
- Ability to travel frequently, this position requires nearly 100% travel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB
- Must be able to successfully complete all training as required by Auntie Anne's, Inc.
- Must have strong typing skills.
- Must be able to travel by car and plane (and perhaps other modes of transportation) without difficulty.
- Must be able to see, hear, and talk to communicate as required by the position.
- Must be able to perform all duties associated with working in an Auntie Anne’s store.