JOB TITLE: Franchise Business Consultant
LOCATION: South-East Region
Department: Franchise Operations
Reports to: VP of Franchise Operations
Location: Alpharetta, GA - Support Center
Job Type: Exempt/Full-time
Act as a brand champion, protecting the integrity of the McAlister’s concept and brand ensuring that assigned franchisees operate their restaurants in compliance with all appropriate systems and standards. Train, encourage and support all appropriate franchisee efforts to operate profitable restaurants, providing leadership and persuasive influence in the franchisee’s implementation of effective business, operating and development strategies. Facilitate the smooth interaction between the various corporate departments and the franchisee and Company knowing when it is appropriate to seek assistance from others
- Develop and execute annually a rolling one, two, and three-year business plan for territory. The plan should appropriately incorporate the Company business plan / objectives and significantly improve system performance annually. Provide leadership and direction to subordinates in an effort to ensure franchisees establish an annual business plan. Conduct semi-annual business review meetings with each owner to review their plan. Business Reviews should evaluate progress and effectiveness against established performance objectives. Develop plan for actions necessary to improve results and grow their business.
- Providing leadership and direction on the development of an integrated marketing business plan. Coordinate and attend meetings with the Field Marketing department and franchisee to discuss marketing windows and to assist the franchisee in sales building through local marketing (community involvement) and specific store programs ensuring the franchisee understand and personify the McAlister’s brand positioning.
- Monitoring franchisees for consistent achievement of optimal shift management, food safety, quality, cleanliness, and atmosphere goals as established by operation’s business plan and McAlister’s operating standards.
- Monitoring franchisee financial status. Provided advice and counsel to position franchisee for optimal financial health. Develop and implement strategies to assist franchisee in executing human resource, training and professional development plans and programs. Partnering with appropriate McAlister’s staff to establish and execute effective development, reinvestment and renewal strategies.
- Administrative requirements include providing detailed written feedback to franchisee after all visits, completing expense reports, record keeping, and documentation, budgeting, performing impromptu inspections, completing detailed business plans, revisions, and writing remedial action plans.
- Excellence in motivating self and other staff members
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Successful with outlining and performing in multi-task environment
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication and attention to detail