JOB TITLE: Director of Training
LOCATION: Austin, Texas
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Director of Training is responsible for the design, preparation and delivery of all facets of restaurant training and development programs for the Schlotzsky’s Brand. The role is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive curriculum for new restaurant openings, and existing restaurant leadership development. Must design and deliver training materials and modules that ensure standards and drive operational excellence in all areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Create, develop and implement progressive, comprehensive training and development through traditional and e-learning methods
- Develop both classroom and on the job programs to enhance operational skills of Management teams and hourly staff.
- Provide the new store opening support for the Franchise System.
- Collaborate cross functionally with all departments to identify training and development needs.
- Ensure that corporate policies and standards of excellence are uniformly understood and administered throughout the entire brand.
- Ensure support and compliance with all appropriate federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Continuously improve the course curriculum to assure new operational standards and “best practices”.
- Provide new training strategies to exceed the changing demand of the industry.
- Prepare and maintain the training departments’ budget.
- Assists with special operations projects as needed.
- Undergraduate degree and a minimum of five years training and operations experience.
- Quick service, full-service, franchise operations and/or hospitality industry experience a plus.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability and desire to speak in front of groups.
- Ability to travel 60% of time.
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning theories and application via successful facilitation and instruction techniques.
- Ability to produce, analyze and measure results of training programs.
- Ability to understand and relate to numerous Franchise Partners with diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Proven ability to successfully develop and manage department/project budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and effectively work with others as a team.
- Proficiency in computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Possess a high degree of drive with a proven track record of achieving results.
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills.