JOB TITLE: Director of Operations
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Director of Operations is responsible for driving results in their market restaurants by using sound leadership practices involving operational standards, people and performance development, employee selection and compliance/administration initiatives to ensure sales and profitability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and achieves system wide period/quarter/annual operating plans, including sales, profitability and turnover targets.
- Analyzes weekly/monthly profit and loss statements, and reviews results with team to development action plan(s) for improvement and/or rewards for success.
- Ensures operations standards are met/exceeded.
- Develops and communicates priorities to managers, generating enthusiasm and buy-in for goals and objectives.
- Drives monthly/quarterly meetings with manager to provide development opportunities, financial/operational updates, reward positive performance, and provide ongoing leadership/direction for improved results.
- Supports and directs managers via coaching/counseling to accomplish tasks and remove barriers.
- Partners with managers in planning and implementing various strategies and processes.
- Partners with HR team to forecast staffing needs and attract/retain diverse talent. Actively recruits and builds a “bench” of qualified managers.
- Follows and holds teams accountable for exhibiting the standards for conducting business in a legal and ethical manner, obeying policies and laws related to business and employment.
- Five plus years of multi-unit operations experience in a restaurant environment with a proven track record of meeting operational objectives.
- Ability to travel to covered market.
- Ability to build strong relationships with subordinates, peers and superiors.
- Strong general business, financial acumen and management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast based, ever changing environment.
- Demonstrated and successful ability to lead, motivate, hold accountable, develop, direct and achieve targeted results.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to move through the restaurants during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer skills, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, as well as POS systems.