JOB TITLE: Director, International Operations - North Asia
BRAND: FOCUS Brands
LOCATION: Seoul, Korea
The Director, International Operations will act as the liaison between Franchise Partners and FOCUS Brands and SBC International. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of sales forecasts and plans, as well as participation in new restaurant openings and local marketing strategies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To act as the main communication liaison between Franchise Partners and FOCUS Brands and SBC International.
- To develop annual sales, restaurant openings forecasts, and monitor sales results/trends and new restaurant openings in accordance with the annual FOCUS Brands and SBC International plan for earnings and commitments.
- To review the Franchise Partners’ restaurant level profits and loss statements on a period basis (i.e., corresponding to the thirteen (13), four (4) week periods making up the fiscal year of FOCUS Brands and SBC International) and make specific recommendations for improved performance.
- To assist Franchise Partners and FOCUS Brands and SBC International marketing personnel in the development and implementation of negative comparable restaurant sales building plans as needed.
- To assist marketing personnel in the assessment, development and implementation of country marketing plans and local restaurant marketing programs, as needed.
- To participate in the development of, and coordinate the adaptation of new products and technologies in both existing and new markets in a way that is culturally acceptable and maintains the integrity of the brand.
- To support the development, approval and implementation of new products and procedures, in conjunction with FOCUS Brands and SBC International product research and development personnel by actively participating in the rollout process.
- To review and make recommendations on proposed new restaurant sites.
- To monitor and help coordinate restaurant opening activities with the Franchise Partners and the various FOCUS Brands and SBC International corporate personnel involved.
- To participate in the restaurant openings and support the Franchise Partners until operations are running smoothly and conduct post-opening assessments.
- To perform preliminary research of equipment and products within his assigned geographic territory and submit samples of those findings for approval.
- To document and communicate to FOCUS Brands and SBC International corporate personnel any violations of franchise agreement terms or concept integrity issues noted in restaurant visits.
- To maintain current and complete administrative files for each restaurant in the territory.
- To complete and submit, on a timely basis, administrative reports in accordance with company procedure requests.
- To monitor and follow-up on Franchise Partners’ management and crew/team training efforts to include certification of international training restaurants and international training centers.
- To support Franchise Partners in the hiring of managers and restaurant personnel, and their training and development.
- To assist in the development of FOCUS Brands and SBC International departmental annual budgets and to work within the planned budgets as related to territory performance.
- To assist in the preparation and review of annual business plans tailored to the Franchise Partners’ individual needs.
- To complete an assessment of each Franchise Partners’ restaurant to include product quality, customer service, cleanliness/maintenance, manpower/training, marketing and sales/profit on an annual basis.
- To assist the Franchise Partners with the development, implementation, and follow-up of an action plan based on the key issues and areas of concern identified during assessments.
- To perform other duties and special assignments as requested by FOCUS Brands and SBC International.
- Undergraduate degree and/or 5 - 7 years of restaurant/franchise operations experience.
- Quick service, multi-unit franchise operations, and/or hospitality industry experience.
- Strong ability to build relationships, effectively communicate with all levels throughout the organization and positively influence company franchise partners and other key constituents.
- Ability to work independently and be a decision-maker
- Ability to travel 50-70% of time.
- Ability to influence and partner with all levels/departments of organizations
- Strong financial acumen, analysis/problem solving, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate successful ability to lead, motivate, preserve brand identity, coach and develop, direct and achieve target results for Franchise Partners.
- Demonstrate a track record for flexibility and urgency in prioritizing and organizing projects.
- Possesses a high degree of drive with a proven track record of achieving results.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), organization and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer skills, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and financial acumen.