JOB TITLE: Construction Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Construction Manager is accountable for managing the opening and remodel process with Cinnabon Franchise Partners. The successful Construction Manager must be able to drive both project tasks and resources across multiple channels and functions of the brand. S/he must demonstrate strong leadership skills, construction knowledge, communication skills in interactions with both internal and external parties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the construction schedule
- track and maintain specific deadlines
- communicate to ensure a successful store opening and meeting the goal of net openings
- Ensure stores are built to plans and Construction Department specifications.
- Identify potential financial and scheduling solutions on a project per project basis.
- Liaison between field, internal support departments, vendors, GC, landlord and required municipalities.
- Generate punch list and insure timely follow-up and completion.
- Manage entire project scopes, ensure on time and on budget completion.
- Ensure a smooth opening by completing project punch lists and managing to a schedule
- Manage vendors and evaluate their efficiencies, response times, quality of work and cost structure
- Coordinate the construction process for new locations, relocations and renovating existing store
- Bachelor’s degree (in Construction Management or Architecture preferred)
- 5+ Years commercial construction management (retail/restaurant/mall experience preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in construction management with a multi-location retailer including experience handling Architecture & Design issues.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs and AutoCAD.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Previous experience managing a construction budget on a project basis. Financial and analytical strength.
- Demonstrated ability to influence internal and external business partners.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to direct projects autonomously and make effective and timely decisions with conviction.
- Degree: preference would be Architecture/Design or related field.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.