JOB TITLE: Catering Manager
LOCATION: Englewood, New Jersey
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for building catering sales in a specified trade area. This person will be a dynamic leader with exceptional team building skills and interpersonal skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build catering sales in the trade area.
- Develop and maintain relationships with catering customers within the trade area.
- Work effectively with the restaurant management teams in the area to ensure execution of catering orders.
- Develop sales tools and presentations.
- Cold call businesses in the area to attract potential clients.
- Set appointments with prospective catering contacts.
- Attend networking events such as those associated with the Chamber of Commerce.
- Promote goodwill within the community through partnerships with local schools, churches, & non-profit organizations, including fundraisers and partners in education.
- Maintain communication with customers to ensure product and service were satisfactory.
- Maintain acceptable attendance in accordance with established policies set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Willingness to build successful track record in building sales.
- Related work experience (restaurant) a plus.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter and strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills.