JOB TITLE: Business Analyst/ Technical Writer
BRAND: FOCUS Brands
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
The Business Analyst/Technical Writer will work with various internal teams including IT Directors, Project Managers, Developers, and SMEs in a development environment, to create business and technical project artifacts that will be utilized internally by the project team, executive management, consulting staff and/or externally by vendors, CMS or other stakeholders.
We are looking for candidates who are highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment and produce multiple quality deliverables with varying deadlines. Candidates should be self-starters and creative problem solvers and have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly.
- Work alongside the Project Manager, SMEs, and technical staff to understand the goals/objectives of Enterprise related projects in order to assist in documentation process
- Use/create workflows, diagrams, and detailed project documents to provide clearly defined project deliverables
- Provide recommendations on deliverables to be produced as a result of analysis/design discussions
- Create and organize supporting documents when needed
- Select screen captures, drawings, diagrams, and charts that increase users’ understanding of project goals and deliverables.
- Revise documents and detail new issues as need arises
- Aid in organizing and maintaining the project’s SharePoint site and other document repositories
- 5+ years of Technical Writing experience in IT including experience in a position requiring development of structured written materials and visual aids using the following tools:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- MS SharePoint
- Ability to write, edit, and prepare Structured Written Materials and graphic presentations of technical information for both technical and business personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to interact effectively with internal and external vendors, project team members, management and SME’s, to build relationships and use facilitation skills with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to write, edit, and prepare graphic presentations of technical and business process information for both technical and business personnel
- Experience in organizing information in a way that is appropriate for technical explanations without losing sight of the needs and aptitude of the audience
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate and coordinate with multiple teams and vendors
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Must possess intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and working with templates and style guidelines for branding consistency
- Keen attention to detail and ability to absorb and retain complex processes while maintaining the ability to see the big picture.
- Demonstrable understanding of the rules of English grammar and usage
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSAs)
- BA in English, journalism, technical writing or similar discipline or BS degree in computer science or similar discipline
- Familiarity with financial/accounting systems and processes
- Prior experience in writing Advanced Planning Documents and/or Request For Proposals
- Knowledge of multiple SDLC concepts and the inter-dependencies of documentation
- Understanding of LEAN / Agile development style
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.