JOB TITLE: Benefits and Payroll Specialist
BRAND: Support Center
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Benefits and Payroll specialist assists in the administration of benefits and payroll for FOCUS Brands support center and retail associates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting both the benefit and payroll functions with greater emphasis on benefits
- Manage distribution of benefit enrollment information to associates
- Process benefit enrollments, including assisting associates with completion of paper and online enrollment
- Facilitate delivery of benefit communications; such as required notifications related to COBRA, 401(k), benefit eligibility, and Affordable Care
- Assist in responding to benefit inquiries received from associates
- Respond to and track government agency inquiries and responses
- Maintain employee level data with benefit vendors and within the payroll system
- Support the team for open enrollment preparation and roll-out
- Process payroll related paperwork for new hires, transfers, direct deposit and tax
- Prepare and maintain Team Member files ensuring accuracy, compliance and confidentially
- Assist in keeping desktop procedures, departmental forms, and information current
- Assist in processing federal, state and company leaves of absences ensuring compliance, accuracy and timeliness
- Perform a variety of tasks for quarter end and year-end processing
- Duties may also include fielding benefits and payroll phone calls, filing, faxing and data entry
- 2-3 years benefits and/or payroll administration experience
- Undergraduate degree in human resources or related field of study, as well as benefits/HR certifications a plus
- Proven history of effectively communicating in a quick and accurate manner as a matter of exemplary customer service
- Quick service, multi-brand/franchise operations, hospitality industry and/or “treat” segment experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and effectively work with others as a team.
- Ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality, honesty and integrity
- Possesses a high degree of drive with a proven track record of achieving results.
- Ability to use logic, accuracy and strict attention to detail are required.
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with ADP PayForce and ADP Health & Welfare strongly desired.
- Proficiency in general computer skills, i.e. payroll systems HRIS systems, Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook