JOB TITLE: Benefit Analyst
BRAND: Support Center
POSITION: Benefit Analyst
REPORTS TO: Director Payroll & Benefits Administration
LOCATION: Atlanta Support Center
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Analyst, Benefits Administration is a highly visible hands-on position responsible for administration and analysis of employee benefit and retirement plans in a data intensive environment. This position works closely with the Director, Payroll and Benefits Administration ensuring management of and compliance for all health and welfare, retirement and ancillary benefit offerings at FOCUS Brands. The Senior Analyst, Benefits Administration also serves as the primary point of contact with associates for benefit enrollment and inquiries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the administration of domestic employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, life, vision, disability, and retirement plans.
- Evaluates existing benefits for participation, best practices, and market competitiveness. Analyzes results and develops recommendations.
- Stays abreast of changes required by the Affordable Care Act and implements required changes including determination of FT/PT status through data rich reporting and analysis
- Serves as the primary resource for associate level reporting from payroll and benefit systems, which requires extraction and manipulation of data
- Reviews plan documents and materials to ensure appropriate provisions and coverage.
- Manages plan implementations, proper record keepings and provides on-going administrative tasks.
- Audits monthly benefit invoices for validity and ensures timely processing.
- Ensures 401k plan is properly administered including participant contribution uploads, participation in the annual audit, and scheduling quarterly fund performance review with plan fiduciaries.
- Serves as main point of contact with both vendors and associates for all health/welfare, retirement plan offerings, and work related tax credits, including answering questions/providing assistance to all FOCUS Brands associates, managing the annual open enrollment process and generating and proving applicable plan participant reports to vendors.
- Maintains benefit related aspects of employee self-service website; both from an administrative and educational perspective.
- Manages leave of absence administration, including FMLA, Workers Compensation, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability. Develops and provides applicable benefit reports as directed by leadership.
- Processes ancillary benefit offerings such as corporate credit cards, safety shoes, and the tuition reimbursement program.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements related to employee notifications and tax filings; such as annual Medicare Part D notifications and Forms 5500.
- Leads initiatives related to informing and educating associates about all benefit offerings.
- Benefits administration experience is preferred, however, a suitably motivated candidate with a four-year degree in Accounting or Finance, and two or more years of technical accounting experience may be considered.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Benefits/HR certifications a plus
- Quick service, multi-brand/franchise operations, hospitality industry and/or “treat” segment experience is a plus.
- High aptitude for analysis, interpretation, and application of associate level data is required.
- Ability to use logic, accuracy and strict attention to detail are required.
- Proficiency in data manipulation and transfer of data between vendors.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in employment law, benefits administration, and employee relations is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and effectively work with others as a team.
- Possesses a high degree of drive with a proven track record of achieving results.
- Possesses superior communication (written and verbal) skills to effectively interact with all levels of personnel.
- Excellent communication, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated track record for flexibility and urgency in prioritizing and organizing projects.
- Proficiency with ADP PayForce and ADP Health & Welfare a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, but also Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required. Experience with payroll systems and HRIS systems is a plus.