JOB TITLE: Area Director - Jackson, MS
BRAND: McAlister's Deli
LOCATION: Jackson, MS
The Area Director for McAlister’s is an individual with proven leadership and operational background in multi-unit and chain development. Critical to this individual’s success, will be their ability to culturally integrate into the highly evolved culture of McAlister’s Deli and McAlister’s Corporation that serves as a cornerstone in the success of the company. It is also equally important for the Area Director to understand that they serve as an Area leader in the field for McAlister’s while simultaneously serving as a field liaison for McAlister’s Corporation. The Area Director understands that their role is to create a team of business leaders to effectively execute McAlister’s strategic goals while attaining financial results and creating positive guest experiences. The Area Director must have the leadership capabilities to leverage their skills and experience to lead McAlister’s to its next level of success in a highly competitive marketplace.
Key areas of responsibility:
- The ability to provide overall operational leadership within the principle areas assigned.
- Strong people skills which provide support to the role of General Manager and secondary reports as a developer of staffs and ensure a strong training program execution at their restaurants.
- Serve as a liaison in the field for McAlister’s Corporation
- Serve as the checks and balance of financial targets and proactively manage against downward trends.
- The ability to analyze large amounts of quantitative and qualitative information and determine the financial significance of that information.
- The ability to understand, interpret and apply financial disciplines as well as forecast, project trends and proactively manage the financial viability of the business.
- Lead the operational execution of risk management within the principle areas assigned.
- Work with Senior staff to set strategic direction for McAlister’s Corporation.
- Confident in the ability to lead
- P&L knowledge/financial knowledge
- Safety and sanitation fundamentals
- Marketing knowledge
- Adaptive to change
- Provide operational vision
- Adaptive and creative thinker
- Ability to work and lead as a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Decisive and fair decision maker
- High levels of stamina and the ability to overachieve
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of 5 years Multi-unit management experience in the food service industry
- Worked in a fast growing company
- Retail experience
- Career dedicated to the food service industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint